Cribbage is a fun, brain-teasing game for 2 to 4 players that is sure to provide hours of entertainment. Using a wooden board, plastic pegs and a deck of standard playing cards, players compete to be the first to score 121 points. This cribbage board features three colors: red, blue and green, and is made from high-quality wood with a durable hinge for easy closure, as well as a plastic slot on the back for convenient peg storage.
For a two-person game, each player takes two matching color pegs and places them in the starting positions on the board. Shuffle the cards and the person with the lowest card goes first. The dealer in each round automatically moves one of their pegs three spaces to balance out the disadvantage of going second. Each player gets six cards and after looking at them, puts two down to form the crib for the dealer’s second hand. At the end of the round, the dealer gets the points in the crib. A player’s remaining four cards become the draw deck. Depending on what card is drawn, players are awarded points and move their pegs forward in a walking formation, meaning you alternate which peg gets moved forward. Play continues until there are no more cards left. The first person to reach the last space on the board with one peg is the winner.
- Cribbage is a fun, brain-teasing game using playing cards, a wooden board and plastic pegs
- First player to get 121 points and move a peg to the finish line wins
- Designed for 2-4 players ages 8 and up
- Back of wooden board features convenient plastic storage compartment for pegs
- Includes standard deck of playing cards and instructions